Sunday, November 3, 2013

October 24 ( First Research Paper)


The first research assignment i remember having was on a historical figure in elementary school.I was in 5th grade and i remember choosing Martin Luther King Jr because i was taught many things on him and how he went about spreading equality throughout the world. Both my teacher and the librarian showed us how to gather information on the topic that we chose. They showed us how to use the computer to search up many different websites in which we can look for information and facts. They also showed us how to gather information by looking through books.

At that time i remember using many different sources like the internet, books, and prior knowledge. As i was going through the writing process i learned a lot of many new things and i loved it.I loved it because i see Martin Luther King Jr as a very inspiring idol like individual who helped changed the world and helped make it what it is today. I also had a lot of fun doing this project because it helped me learn things i never knew before like the childhood of Martin Luther king, his journey to being a looked up to figure in America today, and how he went about making others involved. 


I found this research paper to be very useful, helpful, and fun. I learned how to use many different sources while doing this project. Learning to use these sources gave me a head start on more advanced work in the future. The only tedious thing about this project was there were many unfamiliar vocabulary words at the time. I had to search many of them u to understand what the sentence was saying but as for that this was a very enjoyable project.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you enjoyed the assignment and that you had an actual librarian to help you. Not every elementary school has a librarian so you were very lucky. Also glad to read that you learned a lot from the assignment. That's so important.

    ReplyDelete